Monday, June 16, 2014

Grandma's Handmade Gift

It is my Grandma's 80th birthday on Friday, so I decided that I wanted to make her something special. I was looking on pinterest and other blogs to get ideas. Finally I found something that I knew I had to make. It was a family tree put in a frame. Well of course I didn't want to do it exactly like that so I switched it up a bit. I went to Michaels and walked around until I saw a wooden shadow box and a wooden "Family". When I got home I painted them purple- Grandma's favorite color- and glued the "Family" on top of the shadow box. Then, I printed out a tree on a piece of tan cardstock. For the names, I just typed them all up with some space in between and printed it out on a piece of green cardstock. After, I put double sided taped that had on side covered behind each of the names and cut them into leaves. Once all of that was done, I glued all the names of my grandma's children and their children. Handmade gifts are always the best to give to a grandparent because you know that they'll just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment